Capt. Mike & Beverly

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Marsh 8/30/10


We leave Fernadina and head north to Georgia. This is the first time in eleven years "Bodin's Buoys" has been out of the state of Florida. Upon departing, we encounter a shrimp trawler engulfed in sea gulls. It is an experience for the senses: both sight and sound.

We enter "true" marsh land. From horizon to horizon the landscape contains nothing but tall grasses dissected by winding ribbons of water. No houses, no trees. For a day and a half, we come across only one other boat. A sailing vessel whose mast we spy above the high grasses long before we can see the boat itself. Morning on the marsh. I enjoy my cup of coffee. But I must share, I'm no "marsh-mellow"! Hailing from the mid-west, I like a little more variety in my landscape.
This is our third post of the day. Having experienced technical difficulties in the beginning, we're playing catchup now.



No comments:

Post a Comment